If you consider a mommy makeover…
The joy of becoming a mother is something most women look forward to and cherish. Unfortunately, however, pregnancy and breastfeeding usually take their toll on the female body. When diet and exercise have failed and non-surgical treatments have had no effect, these changes can often leave women feeling self-conscious and embarrassed about the appearance of their bodies.
At the Centurion Cosmetic Clinic, we are dedicated to helping you restore your pre-pregnancy form. By combining various surgical procedures known as a Mommy Makeover: full and perky breasts; a tummy that is flat and firm; and most – if not all – some of those dreaded stretch marks gone. A Mommy Makeover will help you feel more attractive, confident, and comfortable with your body; it will enable you to embrace the joy of motherhood anew and beautiful.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
Following childbirth, some women seem to return to their pre-baby bodies with ease, but for most women this can become an impossible task. Body changes that result from pregnancy and/or aging include weight gain, stretch marks, loss of muscle tone, sagging breasts, and many others. A Mommy Makeover is a combination of cosmetic procedures designed to reverse these effects and may include any of the following treatments:
- Liposuction Body Sculptingto remove and sculpt areas of stubborn fat
- Tummy Tuck to flatten the abdomen, tighten the abdominal muscles, and shape the waist
- Breast Lift to raise sagging breasts and give a youthful pertness
- Breast Augmentation to restore volume to breasts that have become deflated
- A combination of Breast Liftand Breast Implant Augmentation
- Rejuvenating surgery free aesthetic treatments for your face and body.
A Mommy Makeover could enhance your natural curves and restore shape and size of your breasts. It could also minimize fatty deposits in your thighs, waist and hips, and remove sagging skin from your waistline.
Changes to the Abdomen
The changes that occur to the female body during pregnancy are often most evident on the abdomen. All women experience normal hormonal changes during pregnancy that mainly serve to allow the abdominal wall muscles to relax (rectus diastasis) and accommodate the size of the baby as it grows within the uterus. Although some women’s abdominal tissues will return to a pre-pregnancy state, most women are left with loose, sagging skin (ptosis); disfiguring stretch marks (striae);bulging lower abdominal muscles; or possibly a combination of all of these effects. Many women also undergo a C-section (Caesarean section) delivery, or have had previous abdominal surgery, both of which can leave thick, unattractive and painful scars.
Changes to the Breasts
Many mothers are concerned that nursing their baby will destroy the youthful appearance of their breasts. However, changes in the breasts will occur during pregnancy whether or not a mother chooses or is able to breastfeed her baby. As the female body prepares for milk production (known as lactation), the milk glands in the breasts swell and replace the other fatty breast tissue. After childbirth, these glands often shrink, which can leave a loose skin envelope that lacks sufficient breast tissue to fill it. After pregnancy, a woman’s breasts therefore frequently have less fullness, tend to sag lower, and commonly develop stretch marks.
Changes to the Body Contours
Although most women are able to lose the weight that they have gained during pregnancy, many notice that they have a few persistent areas of fat on the hips, back and thighs that will not go away, despite aggressive and sustained exercise regimens and a strict diet. Many of the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy result in permanent body defects such as these localized fatty deposits.
Rejuvenating surgery free aesthetic treatments for your face and body
Is your age showing after your pregnancy and you need to freshen up? The following treatments will turn back the clock. These treatments are performed by Dr Karin du Bruyn – an Aesthetic Medical Practitioner at the DermaCare Medi-Zone of the Centurion Cosmetic Clinic.
- Botox to get rid of your frown and forehead lines, crow’s feet around the eyes, lift your brows and more.
- Injectable Fillers to pump up your lips and deep lines on your face. Also give your face a lift where you might have experienced volume loss.
- DermaPen microneedling to smooth and tighten your skin. Also extremely effective to get rid of those dark pigmentation blemishes that appeared on your face during your pregnancy. Extremely good results are achieved with diminishing stretchmarks.
- Fat dissolving injections for small unwanted fat pockets.
- Sclerotherapy – injections to diminish veins and spider veins on legs.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
If any of the following concerns affect you and you wish to do something about it, you may be an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover:
- Sagging breasts that no longer appear youthful
- Loose skin and stretch marks around and below the midsection
- Protruding abdomen as a result of stretched muscles during pregnancy
- Persistent pockets of excess fat anywhere on the body
- You look your age or older and also need surgery free rejuvenating treatments
The ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover is a healthy woman of any age who has stopped breastfeeding and does not plan any further pregnancies. A Mommy Makeover is not a good idea for women who intend to have more children, as further pregnancies post-Mommy Makeover will undo all the body work that has been done.