MALE CHEST REDUCTION
The two cosmetic surgery procedures men opt for are male chest reduction and liposuction of their abdomen and flanks.
Up to 60% of men suffer from what are commonly known as “man boobs” or Gynaecomastia. If you are one of those men, thankfully you no longer have to live with this excess fatty tissue that can be embarrassing and can knock body confidence. Male chest reduction surgery uses similar techniques to those used during liposuction or fat removal surgery. Male chest reduction surgery is becoming increasingly popular among men as more and more learn about the procedure and the positive impact it can have on self-confidence. The operation is quick and simple with a short recovery time.
Benefits of Male Chest Reduction Surgery
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- The appearance of the chest is more flat, firmer and better contoured.
- Ability to have wider choice of clothes.
- Feel more in proportion and less self-conscious.
The procedure for Male Chest Reduction Surgery
- The Surgeon will remove excess fat by making a small incision around the lower half of the nipple area and carrying out liposuction.
- It is a day case under general anaesthetic.
- The procedure normally takes 1- 2 hours to complete.
- This procedure is the second fastest growing procedure for men
What is the recovery like?
Post Gynaecomastia surgery you can expect some swelling, bruising and pain in the area for a few days. Oral pain medication will be prescribed to keep you comfortable. You will be able to see results after the swelling subsides at 2 – 4 weeks, but the final result will only be visible at approximately four months.
Before and after